October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For the entire month, Zoom Washes is raising funds for Breast Cancer research at the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research at Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC-James).
Donate $5 and receive an ultimate wash.
Donate $10 and receive a super wash.
“Continue to fight. Continue to live.” – Stefanie Spielman
Founded in 1998, the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research at Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC – James) is focused on funding cutting-edge research projects that work towards a cure for breast cancer.
Through generous donations from all over the world, they are working on:
- The issues impacting adolescents and young adults who are diagnosed with breast cancer, such as preserving reproductive function despite cancer treatments that have fertility-damaging repercussions.
- Investments in digital pathology that are changing the way researchers look at cells, upgrading from the microscope to higher-resolution computer images with efficient data that’s more easily analyzed and allows for long-distance consulting on a patient’s results.
- Creating the Spielman Genetic Tumor Bank, which is one of the largest breast cancer tissue and tumor repositories and has supported many research efforts.
- Exploring the emerging role of microRNAs in drug-resistant breast cancer
- Studying novel therapeutic agents that selectively target metabolic and survival machineries in breast cancer cells
- Creating a designated fellowship in breast cancer research
- And so much more.
Thank you for joining us in this fight- for our friends, our neighbors, our loved ones, and everyone affected by Breast Cancer.